Job Title: Development officer (Fedasil Project)
Reporting to: BCF General Manager
Open Positions: One
Type of position: Part-time, average 20 work hours per week (excluding travel)
The Sport Federation
The Belgian Cricket Federation vzw (BCF) is a sports federation, formed in 1990 to promote cricket in Belgium. The BCF is a founding Member of the European Cricket Council (ECC), an associate Member of the International Cricket Council (ICC), and member of the Belgian Olympic Inter-federal Committee (COIB).
The BCF also works closely with the Flemish Cricket federation and Flemish sport administration body, Sport Vlaanderen.
BCF is looking forward to hire temporarily Cricket Development Officer (CDO). It involves the coaching and supervision of cricket enthusiasts in different age groups and in different playing formats of sport. The work requires flexibility in attitude and working hours.
Your own passion to work for developing Cricket in Belgium would be a key selection criteria.
The BCF offers plenty of training opportunities to the right candidate.
The selected candidate will report and work closely with the BCF General Manager.
The key functional requirements are:
- Contact different “Opvang Centers” (Fedasil centers) and evaluate the need of cricket coaching, available facilities, equipment needs, and number of players
- Prepare a detailed database (record) of members. Administration and organization of players
- Identify the need, arrange and deliver a Cricket training program at centres.
- Obtain and generate media content for the publicity e.g. promote the project on the local radio, provide success stories in social media, press, TV etc.
- Identification, development and recognition of skills and talent in Cricket players and community leaders
- Identify the need, arrange and deliver tournaments between different “Opvang Centers” . (Book venues, fixtures, rules and regulations, organise scorers /umpires and arrange for snacks)
- Prepare and present administrative/regular reports e.g. time-sheets, tournament, training sessions etc.; when required.
- Work from home, when not traveling/engaged in on-field activities.
Desired qualities or skills are:
- Experience working as an independent sports coach, personal experience of playing cricket
- Proficient in at least two Belgian languages – Netherlands/French, and/or English
- Have a recognized sport education or diploma, Level 2 Cricket Coaching qualification, or equivalent relevant experience, or willing to obtain in short period.
- First Aid qualification (successful candidates without a first aid qualification would be expected to successfully complete training during their probationary period), or willing to obtain it in short period.
- Basic/Proficient in working with MS Office/Open Office
- Have a car driving license
The selected candidate would be
- a confident, well-motivated and presentable person;
- energetic and approachable with excellent communication;
- have organizational and interpersonal skills;
- have ability to build and maintain strong relationships;
- with a ‘can-do-it-all’ approach to all tasks and personality;
- able to work adequately and effectively for allocated tasks with minimum supervision;
- have proactive approach to work, and meeting targets; and
- able to always represent authority of a sport federation.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Fee: The selected candidate would be paid a fixed amount, equivalent of the official “Sport Coach” rates working half-time on monthly basis.
Work Contract type: Independent Sport trainer, drawn by our legal advisor
Probationary period: There will be no probationary period.
Term Period: February 2017 – December 2017, with a possible extension in 2018.
Start date: As soon as possible
Applications should be made to: BCF General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to write a separate covering letter outlining their motivation. Additionally the coveting letter should be accompanied by the following:
- A full curriculum vitae.
- two references.
- Copies of education and sports certificates obtained relevant to the job
Applicants must make themselves available for an interview on a short notice.
Closing date: 15 Feb 2017 00:00 H.